A Multi-Year Pledge
Donor(s) may choose to make their campaign gifts payable over a period of up to five years with the completion of a written pledge form.
A Gift of Securities
Menno Haven supporters may own stocks, bonds, or mutual funds that have appreciated beyond their original cost and may consider making their campaign gift with these appreciated securities. Often, such a gift represents a tax efficient way to support Menno Haven.
An IRA Charitable Rollover
Donors age 70½ years or older may consider making a direct transfer from their IRA accounts to Menno Haven. The basic details and restrictions for taking advantage of this tax-wise giving opportunity are as follows:
- You must be 70½ or older when you make your gift, and the gift must be made from an IRA – no other retirement plans (such as 401k, 403b or SEP accounts) qualify.
- Your gift must come to Menno Haven outright – it cannot be used to establish a life-income arrangement or support a donor-advised fund.
- Although the distribution will be free from income tax, it will not generate an income tax charitable deduction, nor will you report the income.
- You are permitted to donate up to $100,000 annually.
- This giving option may be of particular benefit for those who do not itemize deductions.
A Planned Gift
In addition to current gifts that will support the campaign, planned estate gifts are very important to the future of Menno Haven. There are a number of options for creating a planned gift either currently or through your estate, including charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, outright bequests, naming Menno Haven as a beneficiary in your retirement plan, and gifts of life insurance. In many cases, new or increased planned gifts made in response to this campaign may be counted toward the $8 million endowment/planned gift campaign goal and may help qualify you for special “named gift opportunities”. New and increased planned gifts are an excellent way to augment your current gift to the campaign. Please contact Development Services for details about how qualifying planned gifts will be counted and credited to the Nurturing the Human Spirit campaign.
A Gift of Real Estate, Art or Jewelry
Under certain circumstances, Menno Haven may accept gifts of real estate or other property.
Resident Refundable Deposit (For Menno Haven’s Independent Living Residents)
Gifting the refundable deposit portion of the entrance fee to Menno Haven is an option for Menno Haven’s independent living residents (Independent Living residents may refer to their Entrance Agreement for information regarding this loan). Donations of the entire loan, or a portion, is acceptable. The amount of the interest free loan that is donated is eligible for a tax deduction.